Project: Geotechnical investigation (field investigation and laboratory testing) for HAKAN PEAT POWER PROJECT.
Place : Akanyaru Valley, Gisagara District, Southern Province
Name of client : HAKAN-YUMN LTD, TURKEY
Description of the Project: Field investigations and laborotory testing of samples from drilled boreholes at the location reserved for construction of Power Plant. Field testing and sampling of peats in Peat bogs and laborotory analyses of peat samples for chemical characterization and determination of suitability for electric power generation.
Description of services provided by the company personnel :
- Cone penetration tests (CPT) at the power plant site;
- Laboratory analysis (identification and mechanical strength tests) of samples from the power plant site;
- Reporting of CPT and laboratory testing results;
- Sampling of peat in peat bogs;
- Cone penetration tests (CPT) in peat bogs;
- In situ vane tests and sampling in in peat bogs;
- Determination of degree of decomposition of peat samples;
- Laboratory analysis of peat samples (proximate analysis, Ultimate analysis, Ash temperature, Heating value, and Bulk density);
interpretation of results and reporting